When looking at heating and cooling systems, there are several options available to you. While standard heating or cooling units are ideal for new construction, they may not meet the space, efficiency, or room requirements of an addition or renovation. Fortunately, ductless mini splits offer exceptional flexibility and efficiency. In this month’s blog, the home comfort specialists at Main Stream Mechanical discuss the benefits of ductless mini splits for your heating and cooling needs.
What are Mini Splits?
Mini splits are available as cooling-only or a combined heating and cooling system. The unit delivers air directly to a room or zone without the need for ductwork. One of the pioneering leaders in mini split technology, Mitsubishi Comfort, has the best ductless heat pumps and air conditioning systems available today. Their systems are proven to be at least 40% more efficient than traditional systems.
Types of Mini Splits
Mini split heat pumps are an efficient heating and cooling solution that can keep you comfortable year-round. Cooling-only mini splits allow you to lower the temperature of those hard-to-cool rooms. Mitsubishi’s entire mini split product line is user-friendly, quiet, and offers the following benefits:
1. Energy Efficient - Mitsubishi’s inverter-driven compressor automatically changes speed depending on the needs of your room. Unlike traditional HVAC systems, this system does not start and stop repeatedly, so temperatures remain constant and wasted energy is virtually eliminated.
2. Utility Savings - Ductless mini splits deliver air directly to the room you’re using, saving you from paying to cool or heat rooms that aren’t occupied. Additionally, smart energy-saving features found in Mitsubishi mini split systems also help reduce your utility bills.
3. Personalized Comfort - Each Mitsubishi mini split air handler has its own thermostat, which allows you to personalize your comfort with a precise level of temperature control. Program each room of your home to the exact temperature you desire, so you can experience consistent and exceptional year-round comfort.
4. Improved Air Quality - The large filter of a ductless mini split reduces dust, bacteria, pollen, allergens and other particulates in the air, allowing you to breathe cleaner, healthier air. The multi-stage filtration system in Mitsubishi’s mini splits uses highly effective filters to screen out airborne particles, deodorize the air, and eliminate the harmful air contaminants and allergens that circulate inside your home.
5. Eliminated Hot and Cold Spots - Inverter technology, found in a Mitsubishi mini split, powers your unit to maintain your preferred temperature without consuming too much energy. Patented i-See Sensor™ technology uses thermal imaging to scan the room, find the hot or cold spot, and direct the airflow where it is needed.
6. Smart Technology - Wireless functionality allows you to remotely control the comfort in multiple rooms with your tablet, smartphone, or PC.
Ductless Mini Split Installation, Service, and Repair in NH and MA
Main Stream Mechanical’s home comfort specialists can work with you to select and install the mini split system that is best for your heating and cooling needs. Receive a $500.00 discount for any new Mitsubishi system installed in February and March of 2020. Discount applies to new quotes only. Contact us for your appointment today. We serve many locations throughout Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire, including Haverhill, Amesbury, Newburyport, Rowley, Topsfield, and Boxford.